Maintaining A-grade tent material will improve the ROI of your tent rental business. Be sure to properly inspect, clean and store your investment.
Greenguard Gold Certification & Herculite Tent Fabrics
Herculite has added Greenguard Gold Certification to our leading tent and structure fabric, Architent Starfree with SureChek Antimicrobial protection.
Herculite Products has manufactured highly advanced, flexible textile composites for the commercial tent industry for decades. As technology improves and the market transforms, Herculite has been dedicated to continuously improving and developing new products. We believe that as an industry leader, we can help our customer partners provide unique solutions to the market. Recently, Herculite launched a line of tent fabrics with medical-grade anti-microbial surface protection, giving the tent manufacturer, rental company, and customer additional confidence in the quality of the product’s performance.
That spirit of innovation and commitment to forward-thinking continuous improvement is why Herculite has added another premium performance-related certification to our tent fabrics. Earlier this year, we submitted three products for Greenguard Gold Certification, one of our leading tent and structure fabrics, Architent Starfree with SureChek Antimicrobial protection. We plan to expand our Greenguard Gold Certified product assortment by submitting more products for this certification soon.
Recognized and referenced by over 400 codes, rating systems, and procurement policies worldwide, UL’s GREENGUARD Certification Program requires that products meet some of the world's most rigorous standards for low emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) into indoor environments. The UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification Standard includes health-based criteria for additional chemicals and requires lower total VOC emissions levels to ensure that products are acceptable for use in environments such as schools and healthcare facilities.
So why Greenguard Gold Certification for Tent Fabrics?
- VOCs can exacerbate symptoms in individuals with respiratory conditions such as asthma. Prolonged exposure to VOCs can lead to the development of respiratory issues in otherwise healthy individuals as well.
- Even short-term exposure can cause eye, nose, and throat irritation, headaches, dizziness, and nausea.
- Even temporary structures can create a place where off-gassing VOCs can accumulate to levels that can impact the health of occupants, particularly those with sensitivities.
- Lowering the risk of VOC exposure is just as crucial in a temporary structure as in a permanent one, specifically events where many people can pass through the Fabric Structure.
- When holding a wedding, a corporate event, or even your local fair, you will inevitably have people with high sensitivities to VOCs inside the structure.
- Some common symptoms from temporary VOC exposure can be eye irritation and watering, dizziness or lightheadedness, headaches, worsening of asthma symptoms, and skin irritation or rash, to name a few.
- Greenguard Gold Certification is the industry-leading certification for VOCs and indoor air quality health.
- Tent rental and event companies can utilize Greenguard Gold Certification as a selling point to provide their customers peace of mind and added protection.
Herculite is committed to pursuing sustainability in our raw materials, manufacturing processes, and finished products. We are proud of achieving this Greenguard Gold Certification. This certification is one component of Herculite’s commitment to manufacturing textiles designed to create healthy, sustainable, and aesthetically pleasing user-focused environments.